Week 5 : Mambo Italiano - Rosemary Clooney


This week I decided to choose Mambo Italiano by Rosemary Clooney. It's one of my favorite music since the beginning of this semester, it's a music that we listen to in France and that we use at parties, weddings... it's a classic for us, it's the same in the US. (I think so) 

For me, it's a music that you can listen to every day without getting tired of it. It makes us want to move and motivates us! I think it's a good music to listen to in the morning to wake up. 

Rosemary's voice goes very well with the music. The instruments used go well with rosemary's voice. It's a living music. You can feel by the tone of voice that it's a rather humorous music. My favorite part of this music is when she says Mambo Italiano in the chorus. She has a pretty strong voice. It is quite the style of music of the time that I listen to alone to have fun, to dance. The instrumental of this music is good, with the percussion in the chorus. It's definitely a music that I advise you to listen to! 



Comments

  1. That's really cool to hear that you listen to this song in France. I personally have never heard this song before this class, but I'm sure this song is very popular in the states too. I agree with how you said your favorite part of the song is when she says Mambo Italiano. This part is amazing and sounds really great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don’t talk much about the international popularity of American music in class, so I think that’s so cool that you recognized this song from it’s popularity in France. I love how you talked about the relationship between Rosemary and the music, and how they work great together. It makes sense why this song is internationally popular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a good song to choose! At first, just reading the title I didn't know what song this was. Right when it started I just started moving with the music. This is a very lively song that I feel like makes the listener move to. I also do really like Rosemary's voice. It goes so perfect with the music. I also think that it's very cool that this is a popular song where you're from too! I'll definitely be adding this to my playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely loved this song. When I read the title I thought that I had never heard it before but then when I played it, it hit me like a wall that I had heard this song a few times before. This song was so I couldn't help but be happy and dance around when I put it on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

La Negra by Mariachi Vargas de Tecalitlan #1

Week 8 : Be My Baby by the Ronettes

Week 12 : Infinity by Jaymes Young