La Negra by Mariachi Vargas de Tecalitlan #1

For my first blog, I decided to write about La Negra by Mariachi Vargas de Tecalitlan. This song is very surprising and I like Mexican musics. When you listen to it, you feel happy and you just want to dance. You can hear the happiness of the band because of the shouts. 

This music surprises me because of the instruments who are using and all the shouts during the instrumental. The instruments break the rule of traditional musics, there are trumpets, guitars... Everybody can listening to this type of music. 

My favorite part of this music is the part where they're not singing (the instrumental), I really like to just listen to the trumpets and guitars, it's really entertaining. 

You can really feel the Mexican culture in this song. You just want to listening to more Mexican musics. This shows you the identity of Mexico. Just in listening to this music, you can see the mariachis with there’s hats. Mariachis are part of the Mexican culture. 

Get out of your comfort zone and listen to more Mexican music that will make you want to dance and have fun!



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiY-Rj3VA5s


Comments

  1. I also really liked this song! I like what you said about it being happy and making you want to dance; those are some of my favorite kinds of songs. I also really liked the instrumental part where you can really hear the guitar. I love how Mexican music sounds and this made me want to go and listen to some more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on this song! I’ve always loved the spirit of mariachi music, but when you described it as happy, I realized that that’s exactly the core of these songs! We learned that these songs are typically wedding songs, and of course they are! Who wouldn't want to have the spirit of that music resounding throughout the happiest day of your life?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8 : Be My Baby by the Ronettes

Week 12 : Infinity by Jaymes Young